From Flab to FAB!

This Blog is created to track my progress in my lifelong battle with weight.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

If looks could kill!... Size 14 all the way!

Alright, so I know I have been losing inches, and my clothes is falling off, but there is no cash for clothes, and why should I spend cash I don't have on clothes that I know WON'T fit in two months or less.

However, my neighbor asked for some help this weekend and while we were out, we ran into a local mall. Of course, we walked by my store, what I call the "Fat Lady store" it's where I have shopped for clothes for the last 3 years straight - Lane Bryant. I said, let's see if I can find a shirt or two, noticing the 40% EVERYTHING sale. Long story short, I found 2 shirts and 2 new bra's so the falling off bra problem from August will once again be delayed.

Now for the best part, I was in the fitting room trying on dress pants.... there were 3 very large women shopping together 2 in the fitting room obviously sisters and then Mom in the comfy chair waiting outside. So I come out in a pair of dress pants asking my friend and the sales associate, are these too short? They answer yes, and we look at the size, a Petite size 16. Well, of course it was a problem, petite I NEVER have been. So they bring me others to try on. I come out wearing a 14 with an ear to ear smile.... and glowing! I slapped my own ass as I emerged.... knowing the success I have created for myself. As my friend erupts with excitement, from having seen the changes in me first hand, I get the most evil GLARES from the 3 large women. Well, they could obviously hear what size I was in and at one point I said something along the lines of, DAMN, I am going to shrink myself right out of this store! Once again, if looks could kill, then as we moved onto tops, I had to go down to the 14's as well. And again there was a comment of this is the smallest we have. Well, I guess all I can say is thank goodness I was in a public place, or else I think these 2 sisters would have tried to take me down and out. Then again, no need for concern, I am 4x stronger than both of them combined - literally! :)

So as I would reflect in the mirrors outside of the dressing room with each change and see the looks that could have killed me, instead I thought to myself, GREAT JOB! I bust my ASS 6-7 days a week and now I am the one being ENVIED. If they only knew..... and talk about feeling good!!

Now I fully realize that not many people would celebrate a size 14, however, it's been over 6 years if not 10 since I have fit into a 14.

Yeah baby.... I have done it, I am on the new life path and I'm not going back.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never again? At the end of this entry you said "Yeah baby.... I have done it, I am on the new life path and I'm not going back."
Say it Damnit! NEVER AGAIN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home