From Flab to FAB!

This Blog is created to track my progress in my lifelong battle with weight.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

April 29, 2007

That's the date.... the date of the 5k, my 5k, my very first and I am going to be running 3.1 miles by then. The 2007 Cherry Creek Sneak, if you around, join me at the starting line, so far there are 3 friends joining me. (Thanks, C for the idea and support, L & A for joining me) Now, we might start together, but I expect them all to be waiting for me at the finish line.

Went and climbed tonight with the new shoes and my own chalk bag. Saved a few bucks, but wasn't exactly on. Better than the last climb, but still not 100% on. I am really feeling it in my wrists tonight. I suggested to my climbing partner that we Boulder the entire time, our next climb. She agreed.... so next Monday, no top ropes, just bouldering, to work on skills - which she is way ahead of me!

This week in the gym the lifting gloves really made a difference. I didn't have to think about my grip, just the exercise.

Gotta run.... not really right now.... :)

2 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It great that you recognized the threat of the disease, but AWESOME that you've acted on it like you have. Seems like the decision just made sense, but believe me it took a lot of personal courage which I salute you for. You'll be laughing at 5K's in no time. It'd be easier if you had some oxygen up there, but I'm sure you're acclimated to that by now. I've lived my whole life at sea level, so doing anything in the (real, not east coast) mountains takes all the lung capacity I have.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Donna I know continues to impress me with her go get em attitude. I know you can do the whole 5k without a problem. You will work up to a marathon at this rate. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home