From Flab to FAB!

This Blog is created to track my progress in my lifelong battle with weight.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Run WHAT?

So on Tuesday when Jess said I was under 200# I didn't quite believe it, yet Wednesday when I went in and the 2 scales at the gym and at home all proved it, then it was REAL!!

So I can't believe the things I have been thinking about no less committing myself to physically this week - ie skiing a few times. But what is coming next, is just plain cRaZy!

I have been improving with my run/walk time both outdoors and on the treadmill, and I think I just want to see what I can do. So, I pretty well made this commitment yesterday to Jess at my session by telling him I THINK I want to run a 5K next spring. WHAT???????????????????? Me run???? Now if you remember or know me at all, you know that the very first thing I told my trainer or any of you for that matter is I will do anything he asks as long as he doesn't make me RUN... I hate running..... For the record I did get 8 hours of sleep last night and haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I might be delirious, but I even found myself looking up Denver 5K races coming up this spring on-line before typing this post. Now keep in mind, I am in no way saying a Marathon or the Boulder Boulder, but a 5k, it's 3.1 miles. I CAN do that!!!!!!!!!! (Alright, so as I make this commitment I have a 13 minute run/jog at 2 minute intervals mile.) Wow, I've got some work to do.

Off to rock climb today and thanks for checking in.

P.S. You might want to check in with me tomorrow to be sure I haven't been committed for exercise insanity. :)

Oh yeah, from this time last year, I am down a total of 43 pounds.... and I feel better than I have in 10+ years. :)

OK, one last thing I wanted to share with everybody, I met Duane and he is a true inspiration. If you need motivation for any reason (and I'm just not doing for you) see his recent story at: http://www.everymantri.com/raceathlete/2006/10/no_excuses.html. I also reference his blog from my relevant links: Couch Potato to Ironman! Keep it up Duane, look what you have me doing now!

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Baby! Hey crazy girl?! Not at all but rather thinking very clearly now! Rock climbing and and a 5K! I can't wait to see what's next, I really can't! You have so much more inside of you just screaming "let me out"! I believe in you!

Jess Hogue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home